Monday, August 11, 2014

Singapore - The First Last Stretch

Dear Internet,

Sunday was my last full day in Singapore until I return a few more times on other legs of my trip. Hence the title of this post. After the hectic pace of Friday and Saturday, we took it easier on Sunday. Surabhi's parents picked us up for brunch at the American Club, a beautiful country club in which she spent much of her childhood. Brunch was lovely. I tried the Singapore Laksa, a noodle soup dish with chicken, seafood, and a spicy coconut broth. Insanely heavy, but delicious. Surabhi's mom also peppered me with samplings from the buffet, which I was not shy to inhale. This included dessert items. Because again, food is life.

Partial view of the buffet situation.

From there we headed to the Botanic Gardens. The city was built around the gardens, with a naturally occurring rainforest embedded within (as in, the forest preexisted the park, and the park was built to include it). It's really quite gorgeous in there.




The national flower is the orchid, so naturally, there's an orchid garden. And naturally, because I'm with Surabhi, it's not just any orchid garden that we grace with our presence.

I'm not even kidding.

And none of us understood what this orange Bentley was about. 

So we saw flowers. Lots and lots of beautiful flowers. I tried not to take hyper-filtered, cheesy photos. And then I realized, wtf. Now or never baby. So here we go.

Pink!

Purple!!

Red!

Lavender!!

Gah! So prettyyy!!!

So tropical!!!

Like feathers of the sun!!

I'm gonna put my face in it even though I know perfectly well that none of these flowers has a smell!! 


Because those flowers were super pretty. No shame in my game. Also there were some animals, though I cared less about them than the flowers.








lil turtle.

After the gardens, we headed back to get ready for the evening's plan of watching an outdoor movie in another park area in the city. The movie playing? Point friggin Break. It was so good. And by good I mean so awful it came back around to good again. We met up with a few friends, some of whom I'd already met on a previous night, so it was nice to see a mix of new and familiar faces. OH on the way there, yes we stopped at a mall yada yada BUT ALSO. We had to take an escalator up a hill by a government building. It looked from afar as though it was broken. BUT NO. It was just motion sensitive. So when we approached, IT TURNED ON AND MOVED. I literally squealed with delight. Like a peasant. Because it was so fancy. I didn't take a photo of it though, because even I realized that a still photo of a motion sensitive escalator is still a photo of stairs.

Here are photos of the movie time.




Then we went home and chilled til bed. Another dull blog.

I'm in Cambodia now. Updates to come.

Xo,
S



No comments:

Post a Comment